The Louisa County water authority and the Louisa County Board of Supervisors has approved mandatory water restrictions due to the low levels of rain received over the past few months.
The Town of Mineral receives a portion of its drinking water from the water authority therefore the Mineral Town Council is requesting the town citizens to follow the same water restrictions listed below:
1) NO WATERING of outside shrubbery, trees, lawns, grass, plants, home vegetable gardens, or any other vegetation, except from a watering can or other container not exceeding three (3) gallons in capacity. No sprinklers, irrigations systems or any other method of outside watering. The only exception is for commercial greenhouses or nursery stocks, which may be watered to preserve plant life before 7:00 am or after 8:00 pm.
2) NO WASHING of automobiles, trucks, trailers or any other type of mobile equipment, except at a licensed commercial car wash facility.
3) NO WASHING of sidewalks, streets, driveways, parking lots, service station aprons, exteriors of homes or apartments, commercial or industrial buildings or any other outdoor surface except where mandated by federal, state, or local law.
4) NO OPERATING of an ornamental fountain or other structure making a similar use of water.
5) NO FILLING of swimming or wading pools requiring more than five (5) gallons of water, or the refilling of swimming or wading pools which were drained after the effective date of the declaration of emergency. There are some exceptions to prevent structural damage. Please contact the LCWA business office for additional information.
6) NO FIREHYDRANT USE for any purpose other than the suppression of fires.
7) NO SERVING of water in restaurants, unless requested.
8) NO OPERATION of water-cooled comfort air conditioning that does not have water-conservation equipment in operation.
9) ANY ADDITIONAL water use restrictions as deemed necessary.
We appreciate your cooperation with this necessary restriction.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Town Manager, Sal Luciano at 540-894-5100.